The project has been built with Golang, ReactJS and MariaDB.
To run the project you need to install: Node v12.18.3+ and Golang v1.15.2+
You need to configure your DB and run the SQL queries in the
ddl.sql file. Then edit the
env.go file according to your credentials.
Navigate to back-end folder and run:
go build .
And run the executable file according to your OS. The back-end will run on port 8080.
Navigate to front-end folder and run:
npm install npm start
The front-end will run on port 3000.
About project flow:
- The back-end response with 3 seconds delays to client moves.
- The front-end retries the request while the back-end making move.
- When a game is created, its key is stored in local storage. So, the user can resume if he/she leaves the game without finishing.
- The game key is deleted after finishing the game.
- If there are any problems with the request. The request is sent with exponential back-off.
- The application can run on multiple instances.